Over the past thirty years MDCI has helped over 3000 graduates’ from the Gulf region complete postgraduate studies. Currently, there are over two hundred students studying with British Universities all supported locally by MDCI.
In 2000, in recognition of our work, we were instrumental in the MDCI group winning the coveted Queens Award for Export, in education services. The Prime Minister, Tony Blair, presented the award and a small group attended a ceremony with HM the Queen.
- Busy executives are not removed from their work for extended periods
- Students have no difficulties in acclimatising to foreign cultures
- Programmes integrate student’s life and work experience with latest academic thinking
- Organisations benefit from students applying their knowledge into the work environment on an iterative basis
- Students’ knowledge is reinforced by adding the new academic knowledge to their existing experience – an important educational concept in itself
- Additionally, the fees for the programme mirror the UK fees but without costly accommodation, subsistence and travel costs.
- Organisations appreciate retaining their employees during the study period and often benefit from the immediate application of new thinking
- High success rates and completion rates for students
- Experience of helping busy professionals complete their studies for over 25 years
- Experience of working with large learning establishments
- Local administrative support, drop in, call up or email
- Understanding of culture issues to ensure students complete their studies and usually within the given time
- We know the lay of the land regarding local cultures, customs and practices
- Student representation with University
- Problem solving services with an understanding of student’s pressures of life whether this is professional or family based
- Local resource centre – providing a quite zone to study in, computer facilities and library resources
How will blended and live learning benefit me?
Blended and live learning is the best of both worlds, as it enables off campus students to gain all the benefits of face-to-face interaction with tutors via online experiences and tutorial visits without leaving their home country.
Will I miss out on sharing my course with other students?
On the contrary, our students are encouraged to meet to share study notes and discuss progress this can either be face to face, at organized events or online via chat rooms etc.
How about the quality of education and pass rates?
Largely higher*, because, you avoid all the issues arising from having to move overseas, settle-in and adjust to a new culture. As an MDCI student you can concentrate on your course from day one. Also, you have flexibility, so you can study when it suits you, fitted around your work schedule.
* Confirmed by US Dept. of Education report published 2011
What courses do you offer?
As our name suggests we offer Management Development courses to groom you for managerial roles in the future.
Yes, so an International University will award your degree. (largely British) Our courses follow an identical curriculum to campus-based students. Assignments and examinations are set in accordance with University Assessment standards. Doctoral students enjoy a high level of expert support to guide them through their research studies. Many successful students travel to their University for the Degree Awards Ceremony.
Along with the taught elements of the programme, students will have access to MDCI's resource centre as well as the University Virtual Learning environment (VLE). For the University of Hull Executive MBA their VLE is Canvas.
MDCI Graduates are from numerous multi-national, national and SME's in the GCC region.
To find out about Graduates experiences please click here
Click here to find out more about the University courses MDCI supports locally in the Middle East