The University of Hull MBA students in Bahrain for the B32 intake (and locally supported by MDCI) will be having their next module (Leadership and Organizational Change) between the 29th October – 1st November and the lecturer will be Dr. Alexandros G. Psychogios is a Senior Lecturer on OB and HRM at Hull University Business School.
Dr. Alexandros G. Psychogios is a Senior Lecturer on OB and HRM at Hull University Business School. He is also a Research Visitor in South Eastern European Research Centre (SEERC) and Associate Researcher in GNOSIS Research Group of the Management School at the University of Liverpool.
His specialization is on Organisational Behaviour, Leadership & Complexity, Human Resources Management and International Human Resource Management, and Total Quality Management. His publication record focuses on a variety of OB/HR issues in different, but rather challenging, contexts like economies in transition, SMEs in crisis, the public sector, etc. Dr. Psychogios has published several articles in journals like the International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Human Resource Management, Emergence: Complexity & Organisation, TQM & Business Excellence, Employee Relations, the International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, etc.
Dr. Psychogios has a wide-range experience of participating in various consultancy and research projects on issues like leadership, human resource management, total quality management, performance management and reward systems. He participated in many professional training courses offered in both private and public organisations. Moreover, he has been invited in many professional and academic conferences as an expert speaker on issues like leadership, complexity, and performance management.
Prior to his current position, he was a Senior Lecturer and Research Director in the Department of Business Administration& Economics in City College, International Faculty of the University of Sheffield. He was also a Research Track Leader (Enterprise, Innovation and Regional Development) of South Eastern European Research Centre (SEERC). Furthermore, he was adjunct lecturer at the Hellenic Open University and an Instructor in The Greek National School of Public Administration.
Dr. Psychogios’ research interests can be grouped in three pillars:
- Organisational Dynamics & Leadership
o Change Dynamics; Organisational Routines; Complexity leadership; Temporary Organising; Ageing, Generations & Organisations; Crisis & Organisational Practices; Trust & Crisis; Sense Making & Crisis.
- International Human Resource Management& Employee Relations
o HR/ER Practices in Emerging Economies; Expatriates Management; Extreme Working Conditions; HRM in SMEs
- Management & Performance Practices
o Quality Management & Organizational/National Culture; Application of Lean Six Sigma; Performance & Reward Systems; Application of Management Practices in Public Sector
Publication in Refereed Journals
- Psychogios, A., Brewster, C., Missopoulos, F., Kohont, A., Vatchkova, E. and Slavic, A. (Forthcoming 2014) Industrial Relations in South Eastern Europe: Disaggregating the Contexts, International Journal of Human Resource Management
- Pergel, R. and Psychogios, A (2013) Making Sense of Crisis: Cognitive Barriers of Learning in Critical Situations, Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy, 1(2), pp. 179-205
- Psychogios, A. and Garev, S. (2012), Understanding Complexity Leadership Behaviour in SMEs: Lessons from a Turbulent Business Environment, Emergence: Complexity &Organisation, 14(3), 1-22
- Tsironis L., and Psychogios A., (2012). Towards a systematic e-Business Excellence framework, International Journal of Innovation and Regional Development. 4(1): 28-43
- Psychogios A., Atanasovski, J. and Tsironis, L. (2012). Lean Six Sigma in a service context: A multi-factor application approach in the telecommunications industry. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management 29(1): 122 – 139
- Cooke, Lee F., Wood, G., Psychogios, A. and Szamosi,T. L. (2011) HRM in emergent market economies: evidence and implications from Europe. Human Resource Management Journal 21(4): 368-378
- Leslie T. Szamosi, Adrian Wilkinson, Geoffrey Wood and Alexandros G. Psychogios (2010) Developments in HRM in South Eastern Europe, International Journal of Human Resource Management. 21(14), 2521-2528
- Psychogios, A. (2010) A four-fold Regional Specific Approach to TQM: The Case of South Eastern Europe, International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 27(9), 1036-1053
- Psychogios, A. and Wood, G., (2010) Human Resource Management in Comparative Perspective: Alternative Institutionalist Perspectives and Empirical Realities, International Journal of Human Resource Management. 21(14), 2614-2630
- Bibikas, D., Paraskakis, I, Psychogios, G. A. and Vasconselos, A. (2010), Emerging enterprise social software knowledge management environments: current practices and future challenges. International Journal of Learning & Intellectual Capital. 7(3/4), p.328 – 343
- Psychogios, G. A., Szamosi, L. and Wood. G. (2010), Introducing Employment Relations in South Eastern Europe. Employee Relations, 32(3), pp. 205-211
- Psychogios, G. A. (2010), Restructuring the Employment Relationship in South-Eastern Europe? Total Quality-Based Changes on Managers’ Careers and Job Security, Employee Relations, 32(3), pp. 310-327
- Psychogios, G. A. and Wilkinson A. and Szamosi, L. (2009), Getting to the Heart of the Debate: ‘Hard’ Versus ‘Soft’ Side Effects of TQM on Middle Manager Autonomy, TQM & Business Excellence , 20(4), pp. 445-466
- Psychogios, G. A, Alexandris, K. and Onofrei, A. (2008), Addressing Individual and Organizational Factors Influencing Middle Managers Synthesising Role in Knowledge Creation and Diffusion. International Journal of Learning & Intellectual Capital. 5(2), pp. 208-222
- Psychogios, G. A, Michalopoulos, N. and Szamosi L. (2008), Anglo-Saxon Change in a Non-Anglo-Saxon Cultural Context: Lessons from TQM application in Greek Public Organizations. International Journal of Learning & Intellectual Capital. 5(2), pp. 153-171
- Szamosi, L., Psychogios, G. A., and Wood, A. (2008) At the Crossroads of Leadership Education in Emerging Economies: Global Relevance Versus Local Applicability. Business Leadership Review, 5 (4), pp.
- Psychogios, G. A. (2007), Towards the Transformational Leader: Addressing Women’s Leadership Style in Modern Business Management, Journal of Business and Society. 20(1&2), pp. 169-180
- Psychogios, G. A. and Wilkinson A. (2007) Exploring TQM awareness in the Greek national business context: between conservatism and reformism cultural determinants of TQM, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 18(6), pp. 1042 – 1062
- Psychogios, G. A. and Szamosi, L. (2007) Exploring the Greek National Business System: Towards a Modernization Agenda, Euro Med Journal of Business, 2(1), pp. 7-22
- Vouzas, F. and Psychogios, G. A. (2007) Assessing Managers’ Awareness of Total Quality Management, The TQM Magazine, 19(1), pp. 62-75
- Psychogios, G. A. and Priporas, K. (2007) Understanding Total Quality Management in Context: Qualitative Research on Managers’ Awareness of TQM Aspects in the Greek Service Industry, The Qualitative Report, 12(1), March , pp. 40-66
- Psychogios, G. A. (2006) Towards a Country-Specific Total Quality Paradigm: Cross National Aspects of TQM, Hellenic Academy of Business Administration Review, 4(1), pp. 44-56
- Psychogios, G. A. (2005) Towards a Contingency Approach to Promising Business Management Paradigms: The case of Total Quality Management, Journal of Business and Society, 18, (1/2), pp. 120-134
- Psychogios, G. A. (2004) Middle Managers and Organizational Change: The case of the adoption of TQM in the Greek service industry, Hellenic Academy of Business Administration Review, 2(3), pp.43-57
- Karamali, E. and Psychogios, G. A. (2004) Modernism Vs. Post-Modernism in Management Science ,Greek Administrative Science Review, 9, August
- Michalopoulos, N. and Psychogios, G. A. (2003) Knowledge Management and Public Organisations: How well does the model apply to Greece?, Chinese Public Administration Review, 2(1/2), March/June, pp. 63-79
- Psychogios, G. A. (2002) A Critical Review of Total Quality Management, Greek Administrative Science Review, 8, pp.127-149
- Psychogios, G. A. (2001) Total Quality Management and Trust: the role of leaders in quality management, Administrative Learning, 19, January, pp.64-71